Recommended Parakeet Cages
Everyone's Favorite Cage, AKA: EFC. The very best budgie cage in the world. Safe & Economical. (1 door version)
Everyone's Favorite Cage, AKA: EFC. The very best budgie cage in the world. Safe & Economical. (2 door version)
- A parakeet cage needs water dishes big enough for bathing, water tubes for drinking if your parakeets have learned this (additionally supply bowls as they learn), various perches of varying widths and textures for parakeet-foot-health, and several fun toys for parakeets to play with that are rotated weekly.
- Each parakeet in the cage should have their own bowl to eat from to discourage bickering and fights.
- Make sure any cement perches are lower in the cage as these aren't good for parakeets to stand on for long periods of time.
- Place the best perches high in the cage as parakeets will like to perch as high as possible.
- Avoid sand paper perches as these can tear up the tender skin of parakeets feet.
- Avoid placing perches over food/water bowls as this will contanimate the water.
- Also provide a cuttlebone for calcium.
Parakeet Cage Accessories
Be sure to secure all windows and doors of the parakeet cage with a twist tie or pipe cleaner.
Parakeets are clever and can easily lift those doors and get their head stuck, freak out and get hurt.